This online course provides an overview of the FMCSA’s 34-Hour Restart regulations.
34-Hour Restart for Property Carrying CMV's
34-HOUR RESTART FOR PROPERTY CARRYING CMV'S
This course is designed to provide learners with a brief overview of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (or FMCSA)'s 34-Hour Restart regulations. It also covers some specific language within the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2015 and how it affects property-carrying commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers and carriers.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the existing regulations 49 CFR Parts 395.3(c) and 395.3(d)
- Discuss the changes to the 34-Hour Restart as mandated by the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2015
- Explain how to comply with the 34-Hour Restart regulations as instructed by the Act
34-HOUR RESTART FOR PROPERTY CARRYING CMV'S ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- The Regulations
- Who is regulated?
- Existing Regulations
- FY 2015 Omnibus Appropriations Act
- Intro to the New Act
- Impact on the Trucking Industry
- Effective Dates
- How to Comply with the 34-Hour Restart
- The Transition
- State Variances
- Company Policy
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.