Earn your Bloodborne Pathogens: Exposure in the Workplace certificate upon successful completion of this course
Bloodborne Pathogens: Exposure in the Workplace
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS: EXPOSURE IN THE WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This Bloodborne Pathogens: Exposure in the Workplace online course provides important information that workers and supervisors can use to protect themselves from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace.
Successful completion of this course will enable one to:
- Conduct a workplace hazard evaluation and follow guidelines to select PPE
- Protect oneself against exposure to harmful bloodborne pathogens
- Understand what to do in the event that exposure occurs
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS: EXPOSURE IN THE WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- What bloodborne pathogens are and how they are spread
- Exposure control plan
- Engineering, work, and practice controls
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- How to respond to emergencies involving bloodborne pathogens
- Hepatitis B vaccine, exposure evaluation, and follow up
- Signs and labels used to warn of potential hazards (e.g. biohazard symbol)
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.