Earn your Bloodborne Pathogens certificate upon successful completion of this course
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This course helps employers to provide a safe and healthy work environment for their employees and minimize the possibility of employee exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
This course covers:
- Characteristics of HIV, HBV, and HCV and the diseases they cause
- Elements of an exposure control plan
- How to prevent direct contact with or infection from blood, body fluids, or other potentially infectious materials
- How to handle exposure incidents
- Signs, labels, and colour-coding used to warn of biohazards and bloodborne pathogens
- Basic requirements of a Sharp Injury Log, exposure and medical records, and retention and access to these records
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Bloodborne Pathogen program
- Workplace exposure
- Emergency response
- Sharp Injury Log and medical records
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 45 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.