GHS and WHMIS 2015
GHS AND WHMIS 2015 ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online GHS and WHMIS course is designed to fulfil the training for both the Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and the new Globally Harmonized System (GHS) training requirements. The course explains the old Workplace Hazardous Material Information System information, as well as how GHS will change WHMIS and what the new requirements are. After completing this comprehensive course, an understanding should be gained of the relationship between the WHMIS and GHS systems, occupational health and safety laws, the purpose of WHMIS and GHS, core features of both systems, responsibilities of employers, employees, and product suppliers, how to control chemical hazards, and system related documentation and labelling.
GHS AND WHMIS 2015 ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- The history of WHMIS and GHS
- Health and safety statistics
- Occupational health and safety legislation
- Industrial hygiene and how it relates to GHS
- Why we use WHMIS and the GHS systems
- Harmful substance routes of entry
- An overview of the WHMIS and GHS systems
- WHMIS and GHS symbols
- Workplace labels
- Material Safety Data Sheets and Safety Data Sheets
- Requirements for worker education
- Responsibilities of employers, employees, and suppliers
- WHMIS at home
- Controlling chemical hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety Data Sheet questions
- Glossary of terms
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.