This online course provides up-to-date defensive driving training specific to the motorcoach industry.
Motorcoach: Defensive Driving
MOTORCOACH: DEFENSIVE DRIVING
Helps protect your company's bottom line from the high costs of violations counted in CSA and reduces the likelihood of your company undergoing a full compliance review intervention
After completing this course, students will understand:
- How driving a motorcoach differs from driving a standard passenger vehicle;
- How to see everything around you and make sure you can be seen by others;
- How to have heightened awareness of potential hazards and how to avoid them;
- How to manage speed and space to minimize dangerous situations;
- How to be responsible for the safety of yourself and your passengers.
MOTORCOACH: DEFENSIVE DRIVING ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Seeing and being seen, which includes using visual scans to actively look for hazards
- Having heightened awareness, which includes hazard awareness and hazard perception, having a plan and being ready to carry out the plan
- Managing your speed and space, which includes information on speed management, space management and using a safety cushion to prevent crashes and provide a safe, smooth ride for passengers
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.