This online Overhead and Gantry Crane Safety course will help you identify the safety devices found on overhead and gantry cranes, as well as teach you how to safely inspect and operate them.
Overhead and Gantry Crane Safety
OVERHEAD AND GANTRY CRANE SAFETY ONLINE COURSE
Overhead and gantry cranes are routinely used on many industrial sites to lift heavy loads during production. Despite their common use, around 70 people die each year from crane-related incidents according to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA). The most likely members of the workforce to be killed in crane-related incidents are construction laborers, electricians, and welders.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to identify:
- Safety devices that should be found on overhead and gantry cranes
- Required steps for inspecting crane equipment
- Requirements for pre-operation testing
- Requirements for proper load rigging
- Required procedures for lifting and moving loads
- Required safety practices for leaving equipment unattended, working around other personnel, and disconnecting power to the equipment
OVERHEAD AND GANTRY CRANE SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Crane Safety Devices
- Equipment Inspection
- Pre-Operation Check
- Load Rigging
- Lifting the Load
- Safety Practices
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 30 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.