This online Safe Driving Behaviors for Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) course will help you identify undesirable driving habits that can cause commercial motor vehicle incidents and strategies to mitigate these risks.
Safe Driving Behaviors for Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs)
SAFE DRIVING BEHAVIORS FOR COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLES (CMVS) ONLINE COURSE
The responsibility of driving a commercial motor vehicle is not something to be taken lightly. Each year in the United States, there are approximately 3,500 people killed and 80,000 others injured in incidents involving Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs). To help prevent these incidents, your first responsibility whenever you get behind the wheel of a CMV is to drive safely.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- List undesirable driving habits that are the cause of the majority of commercial motor vehicle crashes
- Describe driver pre-trip responsibilities for the avoidance of crashes
- Describe safe driver responsibilities and desired driving behaviors on the road
- Recognize and respond to potential roadway hazards
SAFE DRIVING BEHAVIORS FOR COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLES (CMVS) ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Behaviors that Cause Crashes
- Pre-Trip Responsibilities
- Driving Safely
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 35 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.