Earn your Shipping Dangerous Goods by Sea Refresher certificate upon successful completion of this course
Shipping Dangerous Goods by Sea Refresher (IMDG)
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY SEA REFRESHER (IMDG) ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
As identified in the IMDG Code and by international governmental agencies, at a minimum, personnel require general awareness and familiarization training every three years to:
- Classify dangerous goods and identify their proper shipping name
- Pack dangerous goods
- Mark, label, or placard dangerous goods
- Load/unload cargo transport units
- Prepare transport documents for dangerous goods
- Offer dangerous goods for transport
- Handle dangerous goods in transport
- Prepare dangerous goods loading/stowage plans
- Load/unload dangerous goods into/from ships
- Carry dangerous goods in transport
- Enforce, survey, or inspect dangerous goods for compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Otherwise be involved in the transport of dangerous goods as determined by the competent authority
This course is intended as a refresher program for individuals who have completed Shipping Dangerous Goods by Sea training within the past three years but who now need to complete general awareness and familiarization training.
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY SEA REFRESHER (IMDG) ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Overview of federal law and application of the regulations
- Structure of the IMDG Code
- Classification of dangerous goods
- Using the dangerous goods list
- Packaging selection and standards
- UN specification packaging
- Shipper’s declaration and packing certificate
- Loading and segregation
- Accidental releases and reports
- Limitations and exceptions
- Security awareness
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 2 hours.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.