This course presents information on shipping hazardous materials by ground in the USA and by air using the IATA regulations.
Shipping Hazardous Materials by Ground and Air (DOT, IATA)
SHIPPING HAZARDOUS MATERIALS BY GROUND AND AIR (DOT, IATA)
This course presents information on shipping hazardous materials by ground in the USA and by air using the IATA regulations. If you are responsible for packaging, handling, transporting, or preparing documentation for hazardous materials being shipped by ground or air, then this course is for you.
THE IATA DANGEROUS GOODS REGULATIONS AND THE 49 CFR REGULATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THIS TRAINING.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
SHIPPING HAZARDOUS MATERIALS BY GROUND AND AIR (DOT, IATA) ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Introduction to the 49 CFR and IATA regulations
- Administrative requirements
- Training requirements
- Definitions, enforcement, and penalties
- Structure of the 49 CFR
- Classification of dangerous goods according to 49 CFR and IATA
- Using the Hazardous Materials Table
- Selection of the shipping description
- Packaging requirements
- UN specification packaging
- Selection of packaging
- Using overpacks
- Marking and labelling
- Shipping papers
- Loading and segregation
- Reporting requirements
- Introduction to shipments under IATA
- Structure of the IATA regulations
- Operator and state variations
- Classification differences between IATA and 49 CFR
- Selecting packaging using the IATA regulations
- Placarding, loading, and reporting under IATA
- Limitations and exceptions
- Security awareness
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 210 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided five opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.