Earn your Transportation of Dangerous Goods Canada (TDG) certificate upon successful completion of this course
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Canada (TDG)
TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS CANADA (TDG) ONLINE - COURSE OVERVIEW
Dangerous goods put people, property, or the environment at risk due to their chemical or physical properties. The hazards associated with dangerous goods are magnified when they are moved or transported. Accordingly, Canada’s Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Act ensures public safety by specifying strict regulations that must be followed when transporting these types of materials.
Anyone involved in shipping or receiving dangerous goods not only needs to know the TDG regulations, but also must be aware of what they are handling, what its hazards are, and what to do in case of an emergency. This Transportation of Dangerous Goods Canada (TDG) online course provides an overview of the TDG regulations and teaches how to recognize and handle dangerous goods.
TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS CANADA (TDG)ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Definitions and classes of dangerous goods
- Regulations that apply to the transportation of dangerous goods.
- The requirements, purpose and meaning of dangerous goods safety marks, labels and placards.
- Documentation, containment, and training requirements when transporting dangerous goods
- Consignor (shipper) and receiver responsibilities regarding the transportation of dangerous goods
- What to do in the event of an accident during the transportation of dangerous goods
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 30 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.