This online Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course will help learners recognize the signs of a respiratory emergenciesy, cardiac arrest, and choking emergencies and will teach them how to provide effective CPR, early defibrillation, and abdominal thrusts.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
According to the American Heart Association, approximately 92% of cardiac arrest victims die before reaching the hospital. The human brain can only survive a 4–-6 minute period without oxygen; after 6 minutes irreversible brain damage or death is certain., but Ccardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), better known as CPR, is a technique used to slow the process of brain death by restarting the heart and getting a person breathing again. CPR can provide oxygen to the brain and other vital organs of a person who, by every indication, is dead. Used early and correctly, the technique can buy time for the victim until medical attention can be given. According to the American Heart Association, about 92% of cardiac arrest victims die before reaching the hospital.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize how a trained and equipped responder initially responds to a cardiac or respiratory emergency
- Protect yourself if blood is present
- Recognize the signs of respiratory emergencies, cardiac arrest, and choking emergencies
- Explain the steps for giving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to an adult
- Explain the steps for providing early defibrillation with an automated external defibrillator (AED) to an adult
- Explain the steps for giving abdominal thrusts to clear the airway for a conscious adult
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Initial response
- Defibrillation (AEDs)
- Abdominal thrusts
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 25 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.