This online course helps employees meet requirements of the new OSHA standard regarding construction activities in confined spaces.
Confined Spaces: Entry Team Training - Construction Activities
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING - CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
By their very nature, confined spaces restrict a worker's ability to safely enter, exit, and work inside them for long periods of time.
Even more dangerous are permit-required confined spaces, which have one or more additional hazards: a potential hazardous atmosphere, material that could engulf a worker, an internal configuration that could trap or asphyxiate, or another serious safety or health hazard. These conditions can, and have, resulted in situations that injure or claim the lives of workers just like you.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the difference between a confined space and a permit-required confined space
- Identify the hazards in a permit-required confined space and the methods used to isolate, control, or in other ways protect employees
- Recognize the precautions that must be taken before a confined space is entered
- Explain the duties of each entry team member (authorized entrant, attendant, and entry supervisor)
- Discuss the measures taken to ensure a successful permit space rescue and non-entry rescue
CONFINED SPACES: ENTRY TEAM TRAINING - CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Confined Spaces
- Construction Work
- Competent Person
- Confined Space (defined)
- Permit-Required Confined Space (defined)
- Permit-Required Confined Space Hazards
- Atmospheric Hazards
- Engulfment Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- Other Safety Hazards
- Permit Space Entry Team
- Duties of the Authorized Entrant
- Duties of the Attendant
- Duties of the Entry Supervisor
- Rescue and Emergency Services
- Internal or External Rescue Team
- Employer Duties
- Rescue Employees
- Non-Entry Rescue
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 45 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.