This online Excavation, Trenching, and Shoring Safety course will introduce learners to hazards related to excavations, as well as how to safely plan and execute excavations.
Excavation, Trenching, and Shoring Safety
EXCAVATION, TRENCHING, AND SHORING SAFETY ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Deaths caused by excavation cave-ins account for nearly 1% of all annual occupational deaths in the U.S. Before you begin any excavation, trenching, and shoring activities, you need to take specific steps to set up the work site to avoid the accidental disruption of utilities and assure the stability of adjacent structures. There’s a lot that can go wrong with these scenarios, so awareness and preparedness are critical priorities for protecting the workforce.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify safety requirements when setting up an excavation site
- Identify hazards in and around an excavation, trenching, and shoring site
- Identify precautions, protective measures, and the types of support systems used at an excavation site
- Recognize cave-in protection requirements and identify proper procedures to keep employees safe on an excavation
EXCAVATION, TRENCHING, AND SHORING SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Preparation for excavation
- Excavation hazards and precautions
- Cave-in protection
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 20 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.