This online Flammable Liquid Safety course will help learners identify flammable liquids, related hazards, and how to safely work with these substances.
Flammable Liquid Safety
FLAMMABLE LIQUID SAFETY ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), around 1,400 fires occur annually in which flammable or combustible liquids were first ignited. Direct property damage is approximately $76 million dollars each year.
As you can see, flammable liquids must be handled with care. Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of flammable liquids
- Recognize hazards inherent with work involving flammable liquids
- Identify the safety requirements for the use of flammable liquids on the job
- Recognize the storage requirements for flammable liquids at a work facility
- Describe the principles of flashpoint protection when working with flammable liquids
- Demonstrate the steps for inspecting inventories of flammable liquids in the workplace
FLAMMABLE LIQUID SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- How to identify flammable liquids
- Hazard recognition
- Safety requirements
- Flashpoint protection
- Inventory inspections
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 40 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.