Learn how to handle substance abuse in your workplace
Reasonable Suspicion and Managing Impairment for Supervisors
REASONABLE SUSPICION AND MANAGING IMPAIRMENT FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Substance abusers cost employers approximately $10,000/year due to absenteeism, low productivity, lost-time accidents, and increased health and Workers Compensation Board (WCB) costs. This statistic is alarming, but it’s also crucial that employers understand that they cannot test employees for drugs or alcohol randomly without proper documentation and proof. That’s why the Canadian Model recommends supervisors complete reasonable suspicion awareness training. This online Reasonable Suspicion and Managing Impairment for Supervisors course educates on proper tools and skills to recognize and handle possible substance abuse within the workplace.
REASONABLE SUSPICION AND MANAGING IMPAIRMENT FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- An introduction to the topic
- Employer and employee obligations
- The characteristics of the modern workforce and how this impacts substance use trends
- Facts on medical and recreational cannabis use in Canada
- Tips for reviewing, updating and implementing your drug and alcohol policy
- Tips on when to use drug testing and why
- How to document reasonable suspicion and trigger testing
- Post-incident testing tips and timelines
- Tips on accommodating prescription drug use
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 90 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.