This online Safety Audits course will help you understand the purpose and importance of safety audits, as well as how to plan and conduct them.
SAFETY AUDITS ONLINE COURSE
Safety audits are a common way to check the adequacy and effectiveness of a company’s health and safety programs. According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the agency audited over 39,000 organizations in one year. Over 17,000 of those inspections were labelled as “programmed” or unexpected safety audits. With so many happening each year, it’s important to understand the purpose and importance of safety audits, as well as how to plan and conduct them.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define safety audit
- Describe the purpose of a safety audit
- Recognize the importance of safety audits and the objectives of a safety audit program
- Identify how to plan and conduct a safety audit
- Identify how to inspect the work area and work practices
- Identify how to formulate corrective action recommendations, make audit reports, and conduct follow-ups
SAFETY AUDITS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Importance of safety audits
- Planning and conducting safety audits
- Inspecting the work area and work practices
- Completing the audit report
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 25 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.