Earn your Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention certificate upon successful completion of this course
Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention
WORKPLACE HARASSMENT AND VIOLENCE PREVENTION ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention course includes Ontario Bill 168 and BC Bill 14. This dynamic, engaging online course package covers vital information your supervisors and employees need to prevent, recognize, and respond to incidents of harassment, bullying, and violence — and to comply with the law.
WORKPLACE HARASSMENT AND VIOLENCE PREVENTION ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
Workplace Harassment Prevention Topics
- What constitutes sexual and other types of harassment and retaliation
- The difference between impact and intent
- How to effectively prevent harassment
- How to effectively respond should harassment occur
- Manager and supervisor responsibilities and liability
- How and why to use the company complaint procedure
- The importance of good citizenship in the workplace community
Workplace Violence Awareness and Prevention Topics
- What is workplace violence?
- Types of workplace violence
- High risk employment
- Common obstacles to taking action
- Warning signs
- Violence prevention tips
- Supervisor action items
- Tips for preventing escalation
- Incident prevention
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 1.75 hours.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.