This online Distracted Driving Awareness course will help learners identify the causes and effects of distracted driving, as well as techniques to avoid this hazard.
Distracted Driving Awareness
DISTRACTED DRIVING AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Every day in the U.S., 9 people are killed and more than 1,060 people are injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver. With transportation related occupational fatalities being the number one cause of death in the American workforce, it’s important to practice basic precautions that will keep your attention on the road.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define distracted driving
- Describe why drivers choose to take driving risks
- Identify three types of distracted driving and common examples of each
- Describe the consequences of distracted driving
- Identify techniques to share the road safely with distracted drivers
DISTRACTED DRIVING AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Types of distracted driving
- Dangers of distracted driving
- Techniques for staying safe near distracted drivers
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 20 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.