Hours of Service
HOURS OF SERVICE ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Commercial Vehicle Drivers’ Hours of Service course covers Canada’s Federal Hours of Service regulations. It is intended to help drivers and carriers understand and increase their compliance with the regulations.
This course is intended to:
- Assist motor carriers and drivers to understand the Federal Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service Regulations (SOR/2005-313)
- Increase understand and compliance with these regulations in order to:
- Reduce Collisions
- Reduce the incidence and severity of injuries
- Reduce associated costs to society
- Save lives
HOURS OF SERVICE ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- The history of Federal Hours of Service legislation
- The human body clock and fatigue
- When driving is prohibited
- Vehicles the regulations apply to & which are exempt
- Logbooks and daily duty status categories
- On-duty limits and off-duty requirements
- Sleeper berth requirements
- Cycles, cycle limits, cycle resets, and cycle switching
- Special permits for various vehicles
- Exemptions for emergencies or adverse driving conditions
- Out-of-service declarations
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 4 hours.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.