Earn your Hazard Communication certificate upon successful completion of this course
Hazard Communication Awareness
HAZARD COMMUNICATION AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Chemical exposure can cause debilitating immediate and long-term health effects, including death. To protect employees from exposure to hazardous chemicals in the workplace, OSHA established the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS). The HCS is a globally harmonized system of hazard communication.
The purpose of the Globally Harmonized System is to standardized how we communicate about chemical hazards in the workplace. This course provides important information on safety data sheets, pictograms, potential physical and health effects of hazardous chemicals, and what workers can do to make every day a safe day at work.
Upon successful completion of this course, it will be possible to:
- Recognize the information and training required by OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard
- Recognize the physical and health hazards inherent with hazardous chemicals
- Identify chemicals and their hazards through labelling and warning practices
- Explain the purpose of a safety data sheet and its components
- Discuss how chemical hazards are determined
- Recognize the purpose, scope, and elements of the hazard communication standard
HAZARD COMMUNICATION AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Introduction to the Hazard Communication Standard
- How hazards are determined
- Safety data sheets (SDSs)
- Labels and warnings
- Physical and health hazards
- Employee information and training
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.