Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
Bloodborne Pathogens Online
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
If your job duties include even occasional contact with blood or other infectious materials, you are at risk for contracting potentially deadly, incurable diseases. Take this course to learn what bloodborne pathogens are and how you can protect yourself from them.
Ideal learners include anyone who may be exposed to blood or other potentially infectious materials, including healthcare workers, custodians, maintenance staff, research personnel and construction workers.
BLODBORNE PATHOGENS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Know what bloodborne pathogens are
- Recognize symptoms and treatments for hepatitis B, hepatitis C and the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Identify how bloodborne pathogens are transmitted
- Remember to assume that all blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) are contaminated and handle them accordingly
- Recall safe handling procedures for blood and OPIM
- Recall emergency procedures for blood or OPIM exposure
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 30 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.