This online Chemical Safety course will help learners understand the risks of exposure to chemicals in the workplace and how to work safely in these environments.
CHEMICAL SAFETY ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Where hazardous chemicals are used, a single exposure can be life-threatening. Chemicals, especially inorganic compounds, are often unpredictable, unstable, and dangerous when handled unsafely. If you work with industrial chemicals each day, then you work in a high-risk environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain what a chemical is and that use of any chemical constitutes potential for an exposure risk
- Explain your responsibility as a worker to prevent exposure incidents
- Recognize hazardous chemicals as classified by the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) and sort them into their respective categories
- List conditions that may present an exposure risk, possible routes of exposure, and factors that influence an individual’s reaction to a chemical exposure incident
- Identify who is responsible for evaluating chemical hazards and how the result of the evaluation is communicated to the end user
- Demonstrate safe transport, storage, and disposal practices for hazardous chemicals
- Describe the procedures for detecting and reacting to potential chemical exposure
- Identify how to prepare for a chemical related accident
- Describe the actions to be taken should a chemical related accident occur
CHEMICAL SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Recognizing hazardous chemicals and their characteristics
- Factors that can affect your risk
- Hazard identification
- Safe handling
- Steps to detect and protect
- When an accident occurs
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 45 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.