A worker reports symptoms they believe are work related. How you approach this situation can build trust with an injured worker or create an uncooperative environment.
Imagine having the ability to create a safe environment in a chaotic situation that allows you to get the information you need to manage or appeal a WCB claim effectively.
This course will show you:
• How to interview a worker or witness after a workplace injury/illness/exposure
• The key principles to follow in any interview: regardless of the environment or timing
• Prepare for the interview to make sure you get the information you need
• How to involve interested parties in meetings with injured workers
• How to manage aggressive or tense situations during an interview
• The one element most people miss to protect you and the injured worker during the interview
Regardless of your experience or comfort in conducting interviews, this course will provide you practical guidance through the process.
We will provide you with examples of:
• Questions to use right away
• Common scenarios and how to have the discussion
• Interpersonal issues and how to overcome them
How to Interview a Worker & Witnesses Post Incident Training (WCB) Course Topics
Some of the topics covered in this course:
• Skills and Concepts for an Effective Interview E.g., Rapport
• Forms of communication and self-awareness
• Empathy vs. Sympathy in WCB
• Preparing for the Interview
• How to manage attendees in the interview
• Starting the Interview and what needs to happen first
• Conducting the interview
• Interview safety (In 1 on 1 situations)
• Closing out the interview
• How to follow-up to an interview
How To Prevent Lost Time Claims with Strategic WCB Claims Management
How to Effectively Appeal a Worker’s Compensation (WCB) Claim
How to Effectively Negotiate Return to Work / Modified Duties
Anthony Butkovic is President of WCBconsulting.ca a company that specializes in training professionals from all backgrounds and occupations in managing and appealing WCB claims.
For the past 15 years, Anthony has conducted hundreds of interviews with injured workers and other stakeholders as they relate to WCB claims management and appeals. Having taught these principles successfully to other professionals, it is his hope to show an easier way to conduct a critical piece of the WCB process.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 90 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.