This online Process Safety Management course will teach you the importance of effective process safety management programs in preventing chemical releases, as well as how to create and execute these programs.
Process Safety Management
PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT ONLINE COURSE
According to the U.S. Chemical Safety Board, over 10,000 American workers are harmed each year in incidents involving chemicals. Process safety management is a comprehensive approach to prevent these harmful chemical releases and subsequent injury to workers.
Chemical safety starts with a thorough examination of work operations to identify and control risk and potential hazards related to handling chemicals. An effective process safety management program includes an evaluation of the whole process, including design, technology, and other elements that might impact the process.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the requirements of an effective process safety management program
- Identify company processes that are affected by OSHA’s process safety standard
- Recognize the information included in a process safety management program
- Recognize the various areas that a process hazard analysis must address
- Recognize the minimum information required to be in your employer’s written operating procedures for safely conducting activities involved in each covered process
- Identify information required to be in work authorization notices or permits
- Identify the requirements for initial, refresher, and hands-on training
- Recognize the responsibilities that the hiring company and contract employers have regarding safety performance, evaluations, and programs
- Recognize how process safety procedures are maintained, including safety reviews, mechanical integrity programs, inspection and testing, and process change management
- Recognize the basic elements in an incident investigation
PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- The purpose of process safety management
- Process safety information and hazard analysis
- Operating procedures and practices
- Training and responsibilities
- Maintaining process safety procedures
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 30 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.