Earn your Welding Safety certificate upon successful completion of this course
WELDING SAFETY ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Whether an employee is working with the hazardous gases of an oxyacetylene unit, the high voltage of stick welding, or the combination of gas and electricity that powers “MIG” and “TIG” operations, flying sparks, toxic fumes, electric shock and high temperatures are just some of the things that can make welding a dangerous proposition.
This course reminds employees that there are a number of hazards associated with welding and provides the information needed to work safely when involved in welding operations.
WELDING SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Getting “authorization” for welding operations
- Sparking and the risk of fire
- Guards and protective barriers
- Hazardous fumes and ventilation
- The use of respirators and other personal protective equipment
- Eye protection (welding helmets, filters, glasses, and goggles)
- Inspecting welding equipment
- Proper welding safety procedures
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 45 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.