This online Powered Industrial Truck Safety course will help you identify powered industrial trucks and provides information on requirements and strategies for safe inspection and use.
Powered Industrial Truck Safety
POWERED INDUSTRIAL TRUCK SAFETY ONLINE COURSE
When working with commercial vehicles and equipment, there will always be risks. Vehicles are dangerous, and transportation incidents on the job take the lives of workers every day. For safety professionals, work involving industrial trucks and similar vehicles presents issues of serious liability. These concerns must be mitigated through workforce training and testing for competency.
Powered industrial trucks are associated with special risks because of the unique utility of these vehicles. Frequently, they are used for tasks in work environments that are already considered high-risk, so they add to the list of cautions on work sites for many different professions.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define powered industrial trucks (PITs)
- Identify common industry types and their purpose in the workplace
- Recognize workplace, vehicle based, and operator influenced conditions that may contribute to PIT-related incidents
- Identify the pre-operational, operational, and load handling requirements for PITs and corresponding safe operating practices
- Explain how proper maintenance, refuelling, and recharging of PITs contribute to the safety of all employees
- Describe the components of a comprehensive safety training program
POWERED INDUSTRIAL TRUCK SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- PIT types and their purposes
- Hazards associated with operating PITs
- Operating PITs
- Maintenance, refuelling, and recharging
- Improving safety through improved training
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 25 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.