This online course provides drivers with info they need for pulling two “pup” trailers.
Pulling two "pup" trailers presents special challenges for drivers when compared to pulling a single trailer. In order to understand the differences, it is necessary for drivers to have a working knowledge of the special equipment and terminology that they'll find when pulling doubles. This course gives drivers an overview of the standard double, explains the general rules for pulling them, and covers topics such as coupling and uncoupling, defensive driving techniques, and parking and backing a double, just to name a few.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define what standard doubles are and the benefits they provide;
- Describe how to properly load, couple, and uncouple front and rear trailers;
- Identify how to inspect and test components of doubles to ensure safe operation;
- Recognize how to drive defensively when pulling doubles on the highway;
- Summarize additional considerations when turning, parking, and backing.
PULLING DOUBLES ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Coupling and uncoupling
- Defensive driving techniques
- And more
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.