Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
Violence and Harassment in the Workplace
VIOLENCE AND HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Workplace harassment can undermine a person’s dignity. It can prevent workers from doing their job effectively. Workplace harassment, left unchecked, has the potential to escalate in to violent behavior. All workers are entitled to a safe and healthy workplace.
The occupational health and safety act sets out the requirements for violence and harassment policies in the workplace. The legislation through Bill 168, effective 2010 and further refined with Bill 132 in 2016, sets out the steps that the employer must take to ensure a safe and equal workplace.
VIOLENCE AND HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Section 1
- Definition of Violence
- Definition of Harassment
- Definition of Sexual Harassment
- Definition of Bullying
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Section 2
- Recognizing the Behaviors
- Less Obvious Behaviors
- Sexual Harassment Behaviors
- Effects of Harassment and Violence on the Individual
- Physiological Symptoms
- Behavioral Symptoms
- Section 3
- Effects of Harassment and Violence on the Organization
- Results of Ignoring the Problem
- Other Negative Effects
- Developing Policies and Procedures
- Developing Policies for Harassment and Violence
- Harassment Policy
- Risk Assessment
- Threat Assessment
- Types of Threats
- Stages of Violence
- Section 4
- Third Parties
- Complaint Process
- Designated Contact Person
- Informal Procedure
- Formal Procedure
- Interviewing the Complainant
- Interviewing the Alleged Harasser
- Section 5
- Actions Following Investigation
- Conflicting Evidence
- Protection Against Intimidation
- False or Malicious Complaints
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 90 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.