This online Bear Awareness course provides essential information for people working, hunting, camping, or travelling in bear country.
Bear Awareness Online
BEAR AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online course provides information that will prepare you to handle situations that you may encounter when working, hunting, camping, or travelling in bear country. In addition to teaching you about the general characteristics and habits of bears, you will learn how to recognize and react to both defensive and non-defensive attacks to ensure you make it home unharmed.
BEAR AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Differences between grizzly and black bears
- General characteristics
- Bear behaviour and body language
- Signs of agitation
- Distribution of bear populations
- Food sources
- Hunting, camping, and travelling safely in bear country
- How to store food in a campsite
- Avoiding a bear encounter
- Recognizing and reacting to defensive and non-defensive attacks
- When and how to play dead
- Using and handling bear spray
- Bear bangers
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.