In this course, you’ll learn how to mitigate incidents with aggressive dogs, the context for how dogs came to be so intertwined in human civilization, different control methods, and how to respond to dog bite incidents.
Dog Bite Prevention
DOG BITE PREVENTION ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This course is for front-line employees and those who are often in field environments.
In this course, you'll learn how to mitigate incidents with aggressive dogs, the context for how dogs came to be so intertwined in human civilization, and you'll explore a variety of hazard controls and different behavioural techniques to reduce your risk of being attacked. During this course, you will gain an understanding of:
- Domestication and aggression
- How to recognize dangerous situations
- Hazards assessment and control implementation
- Administrative controls to prevent dog bites
DOG BITE PREVENTION ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Understanding domestication and aggression
- Recognizing dangerous situations
- Assessing hazards and implementing controls
- Implementing administrative controls to prevent dog bites
- Implementing PPE controls to prevent dog bites
- Encountering aggressive dogs
- Dog bite incident response
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 40 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.