Earn your Overhead Crane certificate upon successful completion of this course
OVERHEAD CRANES ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Overhead Cranes course is designed to provide you with the knowledge required to safely inspect, maintain, and operate overhead cranes.
Upon successful completion, you should be able to:
- Recognize the primary causes of overhead crane accidents and dropped loads
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions during inspections
- List the requirements for pre-start inspections and log books
- Recognize crane hand signals
OVERHEAD CRANES ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
Module 1: Crane Accidents
- Types of overhead crane accidents
- The primary causes of dropped loads
Module 2: Inspection and Maintenance
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions during inspection
- Pre start inspections and log books
- Proper spooling of wire rope on hoist drums
- Inspections of wire ropes, end attachments, hoist blocks, equalizer sheaves, and hoist drums
- Testing of high and low limit switches, controls for proper operation, and hoist brakes
- Inspection schedules as per maintenance
Module 3: Basic Safety Recommendations
- The Dos and Don’ts of safe operation
- Crane hand signals
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 70% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.