Earn your Defensive Driving Fundamentals certificate upon successful completion of this course
Defensive Driving Fundamentals
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Driving is a serious responsibility. Every time you or someone else takes to the road, there is a level of risk involved. This online course explains how the Five Fundamentals of Defensive Driving can be used to reduce this risk to you and others.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
The Five Fundamentals of Defensive Driving
Think and Look Ahead
- Understanding and applying advanced observation and recognition skills
- Eye lead time
- Scanning techniques
- Situational awareness
- Identifying hazards
- Recognizing potential hazards before they become critical
- Predicting other traffic movements and planning responses in advance
Keep Your Options Open
- Space cushion driving
- Establishing and maintaining a safe following distance
- Optimum spacing at stops and intersections
- Freeway and highway space risk management
Manage the Risk
- How to make good decisions to minimize risk in common driving situations
- Identifying safe speeds
- How to take proactive steps to reduce risk in critical situations
Control with Finesse
- Maintaining vehicle balance and stability
- How to develop superior steering, braking, and accelerator control
- Correct use of anti-lock brakes
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 90 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.