This course is designed to help learners understand the basics of a fire, what to do to prevent them, and how to respond appropriately to a fire in the workplace.
Fire Prevention and Response
FIRE PREVENTION AND RESPONSE ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
All employees should be aware of fire hazards that exist in their workplace and know what to do in case of a fire. This course is designed to help learners understand the basics of a fire, what to do to prevent them, and how to respond appropriately to a fire in the workplace.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the fire tetrahedron and how fires start and spread
- Discuss the dangers of fire and why rapid fire evacuation is critical
- Identify housekeeping processes and safe materials handling procedures that can help prevent fires
- Explain the OSHA requirements regarding emergency action planning, fire prevention plans, and evacuations in the event of a serious fire
- Discuss the basic steps to take during an evacuation
FIRE PREVENTION AND RESPONSE ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Components of a Fire
- Fire Dangers
- Safe Handling of Materials with Greater Risk of Fire
- Intro to Fire Response
- Emergency Action Plans
- Evacuation Procedures
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 45 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.