This online Fire Safety course will familiarize learners with fire prevention plans and how to create and implement them effectively.
Fire Safety Awareness
FIRE SAFETY AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), more than 75,000 workplace fires and related explosions occur each year. Dangers of fire include heat, smoke, and toxic gases, all of which can have very negative consequences on the personal welfare of individuals exposed to fire.
The best way to prevent injuries and deaths from these hazards is to prevent fires in the first place. Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to identify:
- Elements of a fire prevention plan, including fire prevention measures
- The requirements for emergency exits
- What to do in the event of a fire, including basic guidelines for evacuation and for using a hand portable fire extinguisher
- The classes of fire, the types of portable fire extinguishers, and workplace requirements for fire extinguishers
FIRE SAFETY AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Fundamentals of fire prevention
- Emergency exit components
- Fire alarm response
- Portable fire extinguishers
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 30 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.