This online Formaldehyde Safety course will educate learners on hazards related to formaldehyde and how to identify and mitigate risks related to exposure.
FORMALDEHYDE SAFETY ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Internationally, over 46 billion pounds of formaldehyde are produced each year. As a medical preservative and sterilizing agent, formaldehyde is recognized as one of the most common toxic elements found in industry. It has become a leading cause of workplace illness, and the risk of exposure is more prevalent than ever before.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the hazards of formaldehyde
- Identify how workers can be exposed
- Describe the health effects of formaldehyde
- Identify the exposure controls for protecting against formaldehyde hazards
- Identify how to respond to a formaldehyde spill or release
FORMALDEHYDE SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Recognizing formaldehyde hazards
- Health effects of formaldehyde exposure
- Exposure controls
- Event response and first aid
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 30 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.