Lockout / Tagout Online
LOCKOUT / TAGOUT ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Would you stick your hand into a machine and hope no one turns it on? You can guarantee the machine stays off by locking and tagging it out. Failure to lock out machinery before servicing it is a major cause of injury and death. These deaths and injuries can be prevented by establishing and following an effective lockout and tagout program. This Lockout/Tagout online course is suitable for all employees who need to work around potentially dangerous equipment.
LOCKOUT / TAGOUT ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Explain the purpose of lockout/tagout.
- List different forms of hazardous energy.
- Identify who is covered and what activities are covered by the lockout/tagout standard.
- Describe the three elements of an energy control program.
- Recognize the types of lockout/tagout devices.
- Explain who is required to lock out or tag out.
- List the steps for attaching and removing locks and tags.
- Discuss periodic inspections of lockout/tagout as required by the standard.
- Understand the training requirements for lockout/tagout.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.