This online course helps prepare drivers to follow the proper steps in making right turns, left turns, and handling intersections.
Right Turns-Left Turns-Intersections
RIGHT TURNS-LEFT TURNS-INTERSECTIONS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Successful commercial motor vehicle (or CMV) drivers must do all that they can to properly negotiate turns and intersections. This course demonstrates safe turn and intersection techniques in a variety of situations, including city and rural driving, single- and multi-lane roads, narrow streets, one-way streets, and roundabouts.
This course is designed to help prepare drivers to follow the proper steps in making right turns, left turns, and handling intersections.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Follow guidelines for negotiating turns and intersections
- Describe techniques for compensating for off-tracking
- Explain how to make both left-hand turns and right-hand turns correctly
- State the most common turning mistakes
- Describe the proper steps in approaching intersections
- Explain the guidelines for maneuvering in a roundabout
RIGHT TURNS-LEFT TURNS-INTERSECTIONS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Safety Guidelines
- Know Your Vehicle
- Planning Your Route
- Right Turns - Step-by-Step Procedure
- Left Turns - Step-by-Step Procedure
- Step-by-Step Procedure to Follow
- Handling Roundabouts
- Weather Considerations
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 45 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.