This online Scaffold Safety course will help you identify types of scaffolding, their associated risks, and their proper usage.
SCAFFOLD SAFETY ONLINE COURSE
Scaffolds are widely used in the construction and maintenance industry to give employees access to heights ranging from a few feet to over several hundred feet. But as the height increases, so do the risks. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) reports that scaffolding accidents attribute to an estimated 9,000 injuries and 79 fatalities annually.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define common types of scaffolds and terms associated with their use
- Identify scaffold hazards
- Recognize who may build and design scaffolds
- Recognize required safe practices for working on or near scaffolds
- Identify fall protection requirements specific to work on scaffolds
- Identify requirements for operating and working in aerial lifts
SCAFFOLD SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Definitions and terms
- Scaffold hazards
- Safety requirements
- Fall protection on scaffolds
- Designing and inspecting
- Aerial lifts
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 35 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.