Learn about controlled products in the workplace and their safe handling practices
WHMIS 2015 Certification
WHMIS 2015 CERTIFICATION ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Since 1988, WHMIS has protected Canadian workers from hazardous chemical products by ensuring they have the information and training needed to work safely. In 2015, Canada began making changes to WHMIS to include the Globally Harmonized System (GHS). This new program is known as WHMIS 2015.
This WHMIS 2015 Certification course is designed to increase your knowledge of controlled products in the workplace and their safe handling practices.
WHMIS 2015 CERTIFICATION ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Legislated WHMIS 2015 responsibilities for employers, supervisors, and workers
- WHMIS 2015 education and training requirements
- Controlled product classes, categories, and pictograms
- Routes of exposure
- Health effects due to exposure to controlled products
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Supplier and workplace labels
- Transferring controlled products to new containers
- The sections of a safety data sheet
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.