Earn your Hydraulic Safety: Exposure Level certificate upon successful completion of this course
Hydraulic Safety: Exposure Level
HYDRAULIC SAFETY: EXPOSURE LEVEL ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Workers are exposed to hydraulic systems on many different levels. Many hydraulic incidents and fatalities are a result of people working around hydraulic systems without understanding the related hazards.
This online Hydraulic Safety: Exposure Level course provides an awareness of hydraulic hazards in the workplace. Special attention is given to the most common misconceptions, including environmental health.
HYDRAULIC SAFETY: EXPOSURE LEVEL ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Hydraulic fluids
- Exposure to hydraulic fluids
- Potential hazards
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safety standards and qualifications
- Your role in your facility
- Types of hydraulic hoses and construction
- Hydraulic hose applications
- Hydraulic hose assembly fabrications
- Specifications and standards
- Life cycle
- How accumulators work and their applications
- Forms of hazardous energy
- Commonly used thread connections in hydraulic systems
- Pressure ratings
- Types of seals and applications
- Maintenance and planning
- Importance of seals guarding
- System considerations
- Pressurized grease
- Overhanging and runaway hazards
- Effects of modifications to hydraulic components
- Hazards of welding hydraulic components
- Purpose of hazard assessment
- General responsibilities
- Before work begins
- Zero energy state
- Hydraulic fluids and the environment
- Spill preparedness
- Acceptable disposal practices
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Continuing Education Credits
Continued Education Units for Water Waste Water Operators
- Ontario CEU value 0.4
- Alberta CEU value 0.6
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time for this course is 4.5 hours.
Testing conducted in this online course and the supplemental materials provided are intended to reinforce the information presented. There is no required passing mark for this course.
Certificate of Completion
Users will receive their certificate of completion, hard hat sticker, and wallet cards by mail within 21 business days of course completion. Certificates and wallet cards are valid for 3 years.