This online Lead Awareness course will educate learners on the effects of lead exposure in the workplace and how to work safely in these environments.
LEAD AWARENESS COURSE OVERVIEW
Lead is one of the most common toxic elements found in industry and is a leading cause of workplace illness. According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, despite improvements in public health policies and substantial reductions in blood lead levels (BLLs) in adults, lead exposure remains an important health problem worldwide. Approximately 95% of all elevated BLLs reported among adults in the United States are work-related.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the hazards of lead in the workplace
- Identify how lead can enter the body
- Identify the health effects of lead overexposure
- Identify where lead is found
- Identify OSHA’s permissible exposure limit for lead
- Identify practices for limiting lead exposure
- Identify the purpose for monitoring airborne lead exposure
- Recognize the requirements for using PPE such as respirators and protective clothing
- Recognize housekeeping and hygiene practices that limit lead exposure
- Recognize the two components of the medical surveillance program
- Identify the purpose of the Medical Removal Program and its benefits
- Identify recordkeeping requirements
LEAD AWARENESS COURSE TOPICS
- Lead hazards
- Effects of lead in the body
- Common sources of lead
- Limiting lead exposure
- Personal protective equipment
- Medical surveillance and the Medical Removal Program
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 35 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.