Learn your legal responsibilities and how to create successful health and safety management systems as a manager
MANAGER'S ROLE ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Manager’s Role course is designed as a condensed version for senior managers of the key concepts explained in the leadership for safety excellence program. The course covers the legal responsibilities of managers and key behaviours and activities of managers that have proven to create successful health and safety management systems.
This course discusses the foundational occupational health and safety concepts and terminology as well as defines the importance of organizational occupational health and safety systems with an appreciation for the impact that management’s commitment makes.
The course also includes information on the 10 legislated requirements for a Health and Safety Program in Alberta. It then bundles these requirements into specific program elements. The course guides participants through understanding the various occupational health and safety legislated responsibilities and the tickets and penalties outlined in legislation. It also stresses the importance of identifying and implementing strong leading indicators for your organization.
MANAGER'S ROLE ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand and apply fundamental occupational health and safety (OH&S) concepts and terminology
- Identify and complete the responsibilities of management within occupational health and safety
- Demonstrate the activities associated with effective safety leadership
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key cornerstones of occupational health and safety management systems
- Implement robust occupational health and safety management practices
- Create effective reporting and performance metrics
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 2.5 hours.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.