This online Asbestos Hazard Awareness course will educate learners on the effects of asbestos and how to identify and mitigate risks related to exposure.
Asbestos Hazard Awareness
ASBESTOS HAZARD AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Asbestos is a natural, fibrous silicate mineral. Exposure has proven extremely dangerous in the past, as microscopic asbestos fibers, when inhaled, can cause certain types of fatal lung disease.
Over the years, we’ve learned that exposure to asbestos is preventable, but without proper worker training, asbestos will continue to claim lives well into the future. Training provided in this course will help you protect your high-risk workforce from this notorious airborne health hazard.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of how to:
- Identify workplace conditions that could result in exposure to asbestos
- Identify health effects associated with asbestos exposure, including the relationship between smoking and exposure to asbestos in the development of lung disease
- Identify the control measures and appropriate actions to minimize the possibility of being exposed to or inhaling asbestos fibers
- Identify your rights and responsibilities when working with materials containing asbestos
ASBESTOS HAZARD AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Exposure risks
- Health effects
- Exposure control
- Worker rights and responsibilities
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 30 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.