Dealing with Difficult Conversations
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Think of a difficult conversation you had recently. What made it difficult? What was the outcome you were hoping for? What actually happened? What would have made it go better?
This course will give you tools and strategies to manage difficult conversations so that they are productive and effective instead of frustrating. After you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to;
- Identify reasons why conversations can become difficult.
- You’ll know how to recognize the ways a conversation can escalate.
- You’ll be able to describe the process for handling a difficult conversation once it occurs.
- You’ll be able to list the “rules” of emotion management.
- You’ll be more skilled at recognizing typical responses in difficult conversations and identifying ways to address them productively.
- You’ll be able to identify strategies to prevent difficult conversations from occurring.
- Conduct effective performance management conversations.
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Lesson 1: Difficult Conversations – Where Do They Come From?
- Lesson 2: Crisis Prevention Strategies
- Lesson 3: “In the Heat” Communication Strategies
- Lesson 4: Performance Management Conversations
- Case Study: Apply What You’ve Learned
Average Completion Time
Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 60 minutes.
Testing is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.