Even in 2020 the most up to date WHMIS training is still called WHMIS 2015. It can be frustrating to search for the most recent WHMIS and continuously see 2015 coming up, or worse yet having people advertising a WHMIS 2020 product that does not exist.
If you would like to purchase a copy for yourself or your team you can do that here:
WHMIS 2015, Everything You Need to Know
WHMIS training done well should give your team the following information:
- What hazardous products and chemicals could I be exposed to?
- Where do I find information and treatment recommendations for these products and chemicals?
- How do I keep myself safe when working with these products and chemicals?
- What should I do if something gets spilled or another incident occurs?
Once you have completed a credible WHMIS course you should be able to:
- Identify what physical and other health hazards look like
- Know what safety equipment can be used to prevent incidents
- Be fully aware of precautionary actions you can take to prevent incidents
- Be able to classify chemicals and other substances based on the WHMIS 2015 hazard classifications
- Recognize and properly understand the information found on WHMIS labels
- Recognize and understand WHMIS 2015 symbols and pictograms
- Find relevant Safety Data Sheets and understand how to read them and apply the information
- Understand your rights as an employee and what is required of your employer
- Explain the importance of education and training to others
Where should you be getting your WHMIS training in 2020?
WHMIS is the kind of course that can be found from many reputable providers. BIS Safety Software is proud to provide a course which can be found here.
If you need up to date online WHMIS training for all of your employees, or want to discuss the most affordable and effective way to implement WHMIS training in your work place, please reach out to our customer care team for additional information, and we can help figure out the best option for you!